We have the best of the best; These are some of the great reasons why you should visit Nelson. With Simply Wild Journeys vehicle, yacht and helicopter trips, all of these are within 30 minutes to one hour of Nelson City.
• Nelson is the creative arts capital of NZ
• Nelson is the geographic centre of New Zealand with a scenic walk to the exact location.
• Nelson is the cycling centre of NZ
• Nelson is one of the world’s best fly fishing destinations
• Nelson is a great conference destination in NZ
• Nelson is one of the leading wellness centres of NZ
• Nelson has the most craft breweries per capita in NZ
• Nelson is the centre of New Zealand’s seafood industry
• Nelson is the birthplace of rugby in New Zealand
• Nelson is renowned as the best kitesurfing venue in New Zealand
• Nelson and the northern West Coast is one of the top ten white water destinations in the world
• Nelson has 25 boutique wineries producing award winning wines
• Nelson has over 350 artists & craft studios and galleries
• Nelson has loads of events all year round
• The Heaphy Track is the place to be for winter mountainbiking and summer hiking
• Nelson has great accommodation, cafés and restaurants
These amazing attractions and activities are only a 30 minute flight from Wellington, 45 minutes from Christchurch, 80 minutes from Auckland, and 2 hours drive from the Picton Ferry terminal.
Because of the Nelson/Marlborough areas many unique features you are able to experience more with less time between destinations which is an advantage for those with limited time to holiday.